Monday, January 16, 2017

The Kite Runner: Baba’s monologue in Chapter 12

The Kite Runner: Baba’s monologue in Chapter 12
I just went to the hospital and the doctor told me that I have a lung cancer? Furthermore, it is so advanced that it can’t be cured anymore? Hahaha. She is just kidding. Yes. She must be. It’s impossible. Do you know who I am? I’m the one who makes the impossible possible. You know I wrestled a bear! Look at all of the works that I’ve done! Even if she is right, it will all be fine. I don’t need any medicine! Also I am pretty sure that she is a quack. I’m really curious about why all of these tragedies happen to me. Hassan and Ali left me just before I moved to America, and the war hits my country. Amir… Amir and I just begin a new life in America. Do I deserve these? Tell me if you are there, You, the great God!!! I don’t have much time to live “according to the quack.” Huhhhh….. Why…. Why you are not as strong as I expect you to be Amir. I tried to teach you all the time how to become a strong person. But you just ask me to go through a treatment? Even though there is no hope? Why you are crying Amir? Tell me! How would you live without me? Are u kidding me? You are 22 which means you are an adult! I think all the lessons that I’ve tried to teach you are useless. I truly doubt that you are my son. What if Ali and Hassan were with me, what would they say? Why do you always disappoint me Amir. Now I also doubt the reason why they left. But… it doesn’t matter now. There is no way to go back. I’ll just admit that and die as a strong person. I think it will be the last lesson that I’m gonna give to Amir before I die. I hope you can change, Amir. Haaaa. I really miss Hassan. I wish I could see him before I die, but…. I know it’s impossible. I’m really sorry Hassan, my beloved son.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Weather